Our business intelligence and data visualization team is growing and we are looking for a highly-motivated SQL developer to join us. The team services Financial Performance and Analysis (FP&A) teams at Spotify with BI applications and reports, spanning from recurring financial reports to ad-hoc data visualization apps. You will belong to a small team, but work across the company. Strong social skills coupled with understanding of other people’s challenges will thus be useful.
In short, you will help bring better and quicker insights to parts of Spotify, ultimately impacting the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Assist in designing extensions to our Data Warehouse systems.
- Work in Microsoft BI Tools and Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, and Integration Services.
- Explore and build solutions with systems like Google BigQuery, PostgreSQL and Spanner.
- Work with team based deliveries in an agile environment.
- Analyze large amounts of data in order to provide our Business Intelligence users and customers with accurate, insightful, and actionable information.
- Work closely with product owner and end-users to understand, capture, document, and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
Who you are
- You have 2-5 years of experience in the development of high-quality database solutions.
- Well versed with SQL and relational databases. Data warehousing and MS SQL Stack is a bonus.
- Experience of data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau or Power BI.
- You have demonstrable critical thinking ability in order to analyze large data sets and attention to detail in order to derive accurate conclusions as a result.
- You have experience working with source control (TFS or GIT preferred) and participating in Agile (Scrum) development.
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Physics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are self-motivated individual contributor and great teammate with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment
- You are familiar with Big Data technologies.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.