Our business intelligence and data visualization team is growing and we are looking for a highly-motivated SQL developer to join us.
The team is responsible for developing Data Warehousing solutions that spans multiple revenue streams at Spotify. Our data supports sales teams, financial forecasting, product insights and much more. We love our data consumers and they love us (for the most part).
You will belong to a team that is primarily based in Stockholm but is also represented in New York. We work across the company, so strong social skills coupled with a desire to understand other people’s challenges is important.
In short, you will help bring better and quicker insights to parts of Spotify, ultimately impacting the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Continue to maintain and evolve our Data Warehouse solutions.
- Work in a Microsoft SQL Server stack together with the Google Cloud Platform technologies.
- Extend and improve custom solutions built in Python or Java.
- Work with team based deliveries in an agile environment.
- Analyze large amounts of data in order to provide our Business Intelligence users and customers with accurate, insightful, and actionable information.
- Work closely with product owner and end-users to understand, capture, document, and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience in the development of high-quality database solutions.
- Well versed with SQL and relational databases. Data warehousing and MS SQL Stack is a merit.
- Experience of data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau or Google Data Studio.
- You have demonstrable critical thinking ability in order to analyze large data sets and attention to detail in order to derive accurate conclusions as a result.
- You have experience working with source control (GIT preferred) and participating in Agile development.
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Physics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are self-motivated individual contributor and great teammate with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.