Spotify is seeking an expert in business intelligence, data visualization, and analytics to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across the marketing organization.
In Marketing Analytics, our mission is to lead sustainable growth by promoting data-informed decision making across the organization through unbiased, actionable insights and solutions. In order to help us achieve this, we are looking for someone who can build out an efficient analytics data suite and also deliver impactful dashboards and visualizations to track performance and enable self-service insight delivery.
You will work with data engineers, data scientists, marketers and senior leadership to ensure that the right information is available and accessible to understand global marketing performance, to build and track key metrics, to fuel the analysis of experiments and to provide recommendations for investment allocation.
What You’ll Do
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics:
- Working with a data scientist, you will design datasets and metrics to measure and optimize marketing investment
- Working with data engineers, you will build and own the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
- Design, build, maintain and iterate a suite of visual dashboards to track key metrics and enable self-service data discovery
- Proactively engage stakeholders to collect feedback, educate on new data products and evangelize the team’s work
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data scientist to build efficient data pipelines and impactful visualizations
- Contribute to the development of the Marketing Analytics team’s suite of data products and the wider analytics community at Spotify
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of experience in similar business intelligence, data engineering, data analysis or data visualization role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have the technical expertise required for the role:
- Significant experience in designing analytics data layers and conducting base ETL with very large complex data sets
- Very high level of expertise with Tableau desktop software (or similar tool)
- High level of ability in SQL
- Experience with Scala or Python is a plus
- You are an expert in data visualization
- You have a strong business sense and you are able to translate business problems to data-driven solutions
- You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify is a positive, fun, high-energy work environment that you’ve always wanted to be part of!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.