Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 35m songs for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, Spotify Connect and ad-free listening.
Today, Spotify is the world’s most popular music streaming service with a community of 180m users, including 83m subscribers, across 65 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.
At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 65 markets and growing fast.
We’re building a world-class regional partnerships team and are looking for a multi-talented business development executive who will help grow Spotify’s partnerships in South East Asia, based in our Singapore office. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will develop, negotiate and close strategic agreements with partners who can help us grow our presence in these markets at scale.
- Identify, structure, negotiate, amend, close and manage strategic deals with partners that are relevant to Spotify’s growth and vision in SEA.
- Analyse existing partnerships and identify new opportunities to unlock additional value for both Spotify and our Partners
- Work in collaboration with our Markets, Product, and Marketing teams to develop a product portfolio designed to deliver value for partners
- Be the ‘go to‘ person for local partners’ day-to-day needs, defining and executing on the long-term partner relationship
- Ensure that Spotify’s commitments in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, planning, data reporting, invoicing etc.)
- Lead business case modelling and analysis for new partnership opportunities in the region
- Seek and secure activation opportunities and own planning and forecasting for all local partnerships
- Conduct industry and market level analysis and field studies in assessment of partnership opportunities
- Work with a regional lead to define partner strategy and priorities
- Drive cross-functional teams towards deal objectives and manage internal approvals including interacting with senior internal executives from relevant functions (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance)
- Build key stakeholder relationships and credibility within partner organisations
- You have relevant experience of business development and/or strategic partnerships experience for or with digital media/ technology/ telecom/ consumer electronics companies
- You have successfully closed deals and managed complex partnership with large companies, demonstrating an ability to think strategically about complex business issues and recommend and execute strategic action plans
- You have experience working in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment with a track record of results and a collaborative mindset, working with all levels of management (externally and internally) and communicating cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes
- You are an articulate professional with exceptional communication skills and strong influencing abilities who is comfortable interfacing with all levels of management (internally and externally)
- You are a creative and strategic thinker with problem solving mindset and analytical skills
- You have a proven background in successfully negotiating contracts, interpreting legal documents, and working with lawyers to complete agreements in a timely manner
- You have a demonstrated track record of self motivated performance and perseverance – you are able to work with minimal guidance and drive partnership opportunities forward
- You are used to working with distributed teams and have experience working across different cultures
- You pay attention to details and have the ability to see the end game of each business opportunity
- You are willing to manage the day-to-day aspects of partnerships as well as being able to manage high level executive relationships at the partner
- You’re excited by the opportunity to change the way people enjoy music in South East Asia
- You are willing to travel as needed to spend time with key partners
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Bahasa, Tagalog, Thai, Malay languages a plus
- Minimum 5+ years working in business development and/or consulting
- BA/BS degree with outstanding academic performance; MBA a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.