We’re building a world-class partnership team and are looking for a multi-talented dealmaker who will lead Spotify’s distribution of premium subscription products across Japan. You will develop, negotiate and close strategic agreements with distribution partners who can help us grow our premium subscriptions business at scale and positively impact our overall growth in the market. This role is based in our Tokyo office and will report directly to the president of Spotify Japan and serve as a integral part of the Global Business Development organization.
- You will develop, own and drive key partnership strategy for the Japanese market, as part of the broader strategic plan for growth.
- Identify key partners and build relationships and credibility within their organizations
- You will identify, structure, negotiate and close large, complex deals with tier one distribution partners that are relevant to Spotify’s premium business
- You will understand and respond to key growth levers across the business in Japan and work to ensure that key partners can deliver holistic outcomes for BD, Sales and Marketing teams.
- You will liaise and closely collaborate with Global Business development team
- You will work closely with and drive cross-functional teams towards deal objectives and advocate internally on behalf of partners
- Seek and manage internal approvals including interacting with senior internal executives from relevant functions (e.g., Product, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, Finance)
- Represent Spotify at industry events and relay partner feedback and market intelligence to internal teams
- You have 10+ years of consulting, business development and/or strategic partnerships experience (ideally, in digital media and/or consumer technology). Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- You possess deep understanding of the Japanese digital media and tech markets including key partners, competitive market dynamics, and opportunities
- You demonstrated the ability to think strategically about complex business issues and recommend and execute strategic action plans
- You are experienced working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with a track record of proven results and a collaborative mindset
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
- You are a great teammate who recognizes that we are scaling fast and can listen to and voice viewpoints internally
- You are comfortable collaborating with all levels of management (externally and internally) and communicating cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes
- You are an articulate professional with exceptional communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skill sets and strong influencing abilities
- You pay attention to detail and have the ability to see the endgame of each business opportunity
- Strong facility for negotiating contracts, interpreting legal documents, and collaborating with attorneys to complete agreements
- You have excellent oral and written Japanese and English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.