We are looking for Backend Engineer Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer! You will work with a team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will help build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner.
- Be a member of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we solve problems in Monetization, Music Recommendations, Features for Artists, and Social Networking.
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
- You have dabbled in backend systems via prior internships, coursework, and/or projects
- You have experience in designing and building distributed services in Java
- You have an understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Mid December, 2018 – March, 2019: Interviews
- January, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.