We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join one of our teams. We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. You will join a team where everyone share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You design, develop and deploy backend services that scale, are highly available, and are easy to extend
- You build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- You collaborate closely with other specialists and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- You take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
- We want you to bring your whole self to work and strive to foster an environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are
- You are comfortable writing Java or Python
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You have a few years of relevant experience, or much more, we welcome applicants across all seniority levels
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.