We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic engineers to join the team responsible for bringing in and handling our 80+ million paying fans.
As a member of Iron Bank you will help define the world’s biggest subscription business and also finding innovative ways to maximize the value we offer to our subscribers.
We’re faced with the interesting challenge of figuring out what our future premium offerings should be – moving beyond our music subscription; what’s the next thing we can do to increase the value proposition for our fans as well as enabling artists to make a living off their art.
In the coming years we will heavily invest in the technology behind making Spotify not just the best streaming service in the world, but also the one giving the most back to the artists while making sure we will be able to handle 1 billion paying fans.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are:
- You are comfortable or are willing to write code in either Java or Python.
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You know and care about sound engineering practices
- You are familiar with designing and building scalable systems
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.