We are looking for Backend Engineers to join our Free Product engineering organization. Our team is charged with scaling Spotify’s Free Product. Your work will impact our 100 million active users and millions of artists either by working directly on product features or publishing and insight tools.
We are looking for engineers that share our common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will closely collaborate with our internal customers to determine the best API and backend system design to scalably meet their needs. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
*Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience level*
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to determine how to scalably design backend systems and APIs to meet their needs
- Architect, develop, and operate Java services deployed to millions of users.
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating awesome music sessions for users worldwide.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Work on what you want during regular hack days and annual hack weeks.
Who You Are
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have experience writing distributed, high-volume services and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You have interest in big data processing technologies.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You are willing to work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.