We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join one of financial engineering teams. We are working together as an autonomous unit that take full responsibility for our own part of the Spotify ecosystem.
Using tools like Java 11, Kubernetes, GRPC, Docker, Pub/Sub, Kibana and PagerDuty our goal is to disrupt and improve the way finance is handled in a modern company. Currently we help carry out bank payments, account for invoices, initiate artist payouts and much more. We also help Spotify to stay on top of their tech by contributing back to our internal tools and frameworks to the benefit of other backend engineering teams.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, robustness, accuracy & monitoring
- Writing code with real financial impact while navigating ITGC and SOX compliance together with a team of passionate engineers through pair and mob programming
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Work with other software engineers, business stakeholders and decision-makers, such as product managers, to understand problems and design solutions
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through hack weeks, conferences, courses and more
Who you are
- You’re familiar with designing and building robust and maintainable solutions connecting new APIs together
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building micro services
- You are interested in being the glue between engineering and finance
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.