We are looking for backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, big data, their scalability and continued development. By joining the Data Infrastructure organization, you’ll build the backend systems that power our large scale data processing, insights, and machine learning efforts. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services following good design and development practices
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we solve problems in Monetization, Music Recommendations, Features for Artists, and Social Networking.
Who you are
- You are an experienced software engineer.
- You know how to write distributed, well designed services in Java.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.