Spotify is reimagining the creator and consumer experience, partnering with artists, labels and publishers to help them better understand and engage their fanbase. Join us in the Creator Marketplace team, and you won’t just organise the world’s audio so that it is safer, instant and more intelligent. Or create the commercial models that help artists thrive. You’ll be at the centre of Spotify’s mission to bring artists and their fans closer together through unique content.
Spotify is looking for Backend Engineers to join our Content Platform engineering organization. Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify. Together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. Come join our team of talented backend engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are
- You are comfortable writing Java or Python
- You are are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.