We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Backend Engineers to join our Experience Mission department. Our teams are responsible for all of Spotify’s consumer experiences across our mobile apps as well as platforms like desktop, web, TVs, speakers, cars, wearables, and partner application integrations to make Spotify available wherever our users are.
We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem, including writing code with high standards, hosting our services in Google Cloud Platform, monitoring our services, measuring quality and guaranteeing service reliability. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience levels.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are
- You architect, design, develop and maintain Java code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are comfortable working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.