We are looking for an AV and Event Production Engineer that will join our IT team at Spotify. This team delivers event support and production across multiple locations as well as meeting room support in a fast-paced, technology based global environment. We provide executive level support for daily meetings, maintain conference room and event schema, shoot videos, manage broadcasts, run a range of different events, train internal users how to self-service, and provide basic post-production services in an ‘end-to-end’ support package.
This person will act as the main technician for IT Support related issues on the West Coast and will need to be aware and manage troubleshooting of various systems including but not limited to networks, devices, and access management. You will be supported by teams located in New York City and Stockholm so strong communication and time management skills are a must.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the main IT Support representative for the West Coast, based in our Los Angeles office
- Work as part of a global team, and keep daily contact to make sure strategy and alignment remain on a global scale within the IT Support area
- Support event planning and coordination with stakeholders, vision mixing for multiple live events (local and global) with a multi-camera setup
- Give personal support on hardware and software problems to fellow Spotify employees
- Make sure stage equipment, video conferencing systems, and other IT related equipment is functioning for all employees
- Function as a remote hands for the networking and frontline support teams and help diagnose and solve ongoing issues
- Provide staff training sessions on use of equipment, on an as-needed ongoing basis
- Build written/video support training materials for staff and comprehensive documentation for internal troubleshooting
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Establish and manage relationships with third parties/vendors
- Proactively handle issues when they occur and follow up to assure completion
- Recommend improved workflows to better processes and efficiencies
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years experience in an IT and production-tech related field
- You have basic IT skills such as front-end customer service experience, security, and password management, digital archiving, and ticketing systems (such as JIRA)
- You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal, comfortable with messaging Tech, Executive Level, and company-wide comms
- You have a calm and professional manner during executive level stakeholder events, juggling multiple disciplines, and being able to pivot priority during times of change
- You have stage maintenance experience and troubleshooting skills
- You are familiar with setting up and controlling cameras, presentations on stage, and how to control video mixers and live streaming
- You have basic knowledge in how to live audio mix mic feeds, both for PA and aux channels for streaming
- You have experience with corporate video conferencing solutions, hosting and troubleshooting for minor and major meetings
- You have experience troubleshooting switches and firewalls
- You have awareness of configuration management utilities such as Jamf, Puppet, and Chef
- You love providing superb customer service to our user base
- You are a curious person and a fast learner and you love diving into new technologies and tools
- You are an analytical troubleshooter. You may not have the answer, but you want to and know how to find it.
- You are a teammate that actively collaborates with people around you, and in other locations, to find solutions to problems.
- You are a self-leader with experience in a role where your manager was in another geographical location. A proven ability to be independent and self-motivated is very important.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.