We are looking for an Audio Machine Learning Engineer to help us define the next generation of personalized audio ads for our 90+ million active free users. Our mission is to transform the audio ad market by inventing new audio ad formats that are interactive, relevant, and effective. You will directly help us create a new market for these new formats by developing novel ways of generating and personalizing audio creatives.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for automating the process of audio ad creation, from selecting source material and effects processing to mixing and mastering
- Identify and develop innovative approaches – and build the appropriate datasets – to measure audio quality as it pertains to advertising within the Spotify ecosystem
- Support ongoing projects related to the establishment of the next generation of personalized audio ads
- Keep up to date on the most recent academic literature in Music Information Retrieval and collaborate with other ML Engineers and Audio Scientists within Spotify to promote the growth of Spotify as a leader in music and audio research
- Hack on your ideas during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
Who you are
- You are an expert in the design and development of music signal analysis, processing, and classification algorithms
- Strong machine learning background as it pertains to audio research and are familiar with a wide range of more general machine learning techniques
- You have preferably worked on automatic mixing and mastering and/or adaptive audio effects
- Industry experience working with product managers to define and implement product requirements
- You contribute to the long-term vision and strategy in your domain of expertise
- Skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines
- You are a lifelong learner and are comfortable contributing to projects that require you to learn on the job
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.