We are seeking a Audience Solutions Director to lead and enhance the vision, strategy, and execution of Spotify’s Ad business through smart use of internal and external data to define relevant audiences. This role will be an integral part of the Audience Solutions team and overall Ad Sales organization – blending external and internal data to demonstrate our value proposition to agencies and brands, inform our teams how they can support marketing strategies, and elevate the teams on their application of data for audiences.
This role will report directly to the Global Head, Audience & Data Solutions
What you’ll do
- Oversee the deployment and adoption of Audience Solutions capabilities across US, Canada and LATAM
- Strategic support, operational enablement, and consultative education to sales teams in how to leverage data driven audiences for marketing programs on Spotify
- Mentor cross-functional teams on the strategic and operational aspects of leveraging different data sets to define and activate audiences
- Support local and global sales teams in engagements with key clients around audience strategy and Spotify data
- Iterate tools and processes to monitor and drive adoption of data driven audiences
- Work with internal teams (namely Analytics/Data Science, Product Marketing, and Product) to harness ways to define new approaches to leveraging internal and external data to build audiences
- Be an internal source of expertise and excellence on audiences and data
Who you are
- An experienced marketer with deep, first hand knowledge on approaches to data driven audiences
- Experience with data marketplaces and the breadth and depth of data available from data providers
- An expert on advertiser strategies on audiences and how they leverage external data for prospecting and acquisition and CRM data for growth and retention efforts
- Have strong working knowledge of the data management ecosystem – hands on knowledge on DMPs, data providers, and data onboarders
- Highly quantitative
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably from the media/advertising, consulting, or marketing, industries.
- Communicative personality who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders, and can explain complex topics in simple terms
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting to large groups– you’re articulate and engaging, and able to bring your stories to life.
- Inherently curious and strategic thinker that can see unexpected connections and “join the dots.”
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.