We’re looking for an Associate Technical Product Manager to drive the roadmap and strategic direction of Spotify’s data processing frameworks, including Spotify’s popular open-source project Scio (https://github.com/spotify/scio). The data processing frameworks that you’ll be responsible for developing impact hundreds of Spotify engineers and data scientists, thousands of daily processing jobs, dozens of external companies that use Scio and of course: ultimately the user experience of hundreds of millions of users via more data-informed recommendations and user-experience!
This Associate Technical Product Manager will work alongside a talented group of engineers and Spotify data platform Product Managers to identify and prioritise areas in the data processing domain where the team can make a greater impact to the Spotify data community. In addition to this, the PM will foster the continued growth of Scio (which has over 1300 GitHub stars and is used by over 20 external companies) and develop future milestones for the product.
What you’ll do
- Gather and leverage stakeholder feedback, understanding of data processing best practices, Apache Beam/Dataflow roadmap and business needs to define a prioritised roadmap for the team
- Work closely with other Product Managers in the Data Platform group to identify and address gaps in Spotify’s offering with the goal of providing a world-class data development experience at Spotify
- Serve as a product evangelist for Scio and data processing products internally and externally (where relevant)
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and data science teams to gather feedback and requirements for Spotify’s data processing needs
- Foster an discussions between Google Cloud Platform teams (Beam/DF) and the Spotify team and stay up-to-date on product roadmaps and impacts on Spotify/Scio
- Support data-processing education efforts and contribute to strategies that increase data processing competence
Who you are
- You have experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies
- You are interested in developing your leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are a team player with proven ability to work cross functionally
- You have a technical background, either as an engineer or in a previous technical role
- You crave responsibility, but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- You love inspiring engineering teams and building partnerships with multiple stakeholders
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.