Spotify is a fast moving company with an ambition that every decision should be based on data and every feature be fueled with data. To make this happen we are investing heavily in our data infrastructure. A key piece of our data platform is our event delivery service that needs to evolve and handle the increasing number of users. Now we need an associate product manager to work closely with our engineers and other product managers to craft the next generation of our infrastructure for delivering data.
Data Infrastructure is a tribe within the technology department at Spotify. We work closely with the engineers and analysts throughout the company to support them with their data needs. Our product catalogue ranges from the basics of event delivery, storage and processing to A/B testing infrastructure and real-time visualization of data.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a team of skilled engineers and experienced product managers to set a vision for your product and define metrics for measuring your success.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you and the team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure that the team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Ensure the team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You have experience working in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale applications and services
- You are comfortable participating in the the architecture/technical decisions made in the team and know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- You can translate the team’s knowledge & experience to use-cases and prioritized backlog items that will pave the way for other teams at Spotify to excel when building content experiences that relies on your delivery infrastructure
- You have experience managing and developing business critical systems – including defining product road maps and long-term plans
- You are good at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You have experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.