Gimlet Media / A Spotify Company
Gimlet tells stories that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Science Vs, and Mogul. We’re seeking ambitious, talented, and kind people to join our team. At Gimlet, we share a belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process, will thrive here.
We’re hiring an experienced Associate Producer to join the team that will launch a brand new crime show, based in Los Angeles.
We are looking for a curious person with a strong work ethic, who is eager to help launch a new show focused on crime. The ideal candidate is someone highly organized and self-directed. As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to handle a number of logistical and organizational tasks, while also contributing to the larger editorial voice and vision of the show. We’re a small team, so there is a lot of opportunity for growth, and your contributions will make a direct and tangible impact on the stories we tell. The successful candidate will be excited to learn and enthusiastic about joining a close-knit team doing ambitious work.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and book reporting trips in collaboration with supervising producers
- Produce in-studio interviews with supervising producers
- Discover, engage, pre-interview, and book guests
- Conduct research, submit FOIA requests, and track down archival materials
- Transcribe, organize, and sync tape
- Cut tape and think through story structure
- Contribute to group edits
- Build assemblies of episodes
- Create episodic promos
- Manage relationships with contractors (e.g. transcribers, researchers, translators, etc.)
What Skills You’ll Bring
- Proficiency in audio editing (ProTools preferred)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of audio or video production experience
- Excellent research skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and working with a small, close-knit, and highly collaborative team
- An ability to listen to raw tape and identify the perfect details, the need-to-know plot points, and the moments that make a story emotional
- Hyper-attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Multi-language fluency preferred but not required
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, CA. **Union role with the WGA East.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.