We’re now looking for an Associate Metadata Curation Manager to join our team in Dubai. The Content Operations team at Spotify are responsible for the planning, management and ingestion of music, video and podcasts, and improving user experience through metadata curation. Content Operations proactively and reactively monitor the catalogue to ensure all incoming content is in line with Spotify’s internal standards. We’re looking for a person that has a high degree of knowledge on music from the Middle East and North Africa, and the culture around it.
What you’ll do
- Ensure we ingest a high quality of content (metadata, audio, cover art, etc) from partners
- Analyze and curate content to adhere to our Metadata Style Guide and Infringement Policy
- Process different types of incoming infringement claims expertly and be the liaison between rights holders/claimants and Spotify Content and Legal departments
- Continuously improve processes, tools, and documentation regarding curating metadata and handling infringement claims
- Analyze large data sets and report back both internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally with a range of teams at Spotify including Artist and Label Marketing, PR, Licensing, Legal, Customer Support and R&D
- Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical internal and external partners in an understandable way
- Troubleshoot infringement and curation related issues and escalate accordingly
- Work with our developers to improve and progress our catalogue management system.
Who you are
- You are fluent in English and Arabic. French is a plus
- You have at least two years of relevant experience in the music industry
- You have experience of supply chain management
- You have a deep understanding of, and an interest in, music, metadata, and technology especially when it comes to music and culture in MENA.
- You can build strong working relationships with external providers
- You are capable of meeting tight deadlines and will be focused on execution
- You have a systematic approach to identifying solutions
- You are adaptable, and a self starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are a multi-tasker, with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to take ownership of technical work streams
- You are analytically minded and competent to interpret complex data
We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.