At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music experience for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that they use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for a high performing person to lead our Consumer Insights team within Spotify Premium. You and your team will represent the customers’ voice in Premium projects. You will also be part of our Strategy lead team to ensure our consumer insights are reflected in our long-term strategic direction.
You and the team will leverage our 83M+ paying customers across the globe, to develop insights about the Premium consumers, their interests and behaviors. You will help key partners to form and evaluate hypotheses, developing insights for decisions and strategic direction.
What you’ll do
- You will manage an international team responsible for consumer research and insights for Spotify Premium
- You will work closely and collaborate with key partners within Business Owners, R&D, Analytics and other cross-functional teams at Spotify to succeed
- Develop industry-leading tools and methods for commercially focused user research and testing
- You will focus on both quantitative and qualitative approach to consumer research, making use of both internal and external data sources, and both primary and secondary research to identify trends and interest among our existing customer base
Who you are
- You have multiple years of experience in leading consumer research work, preferably from a credible research firm
- You are an experienced commercial leader and manager, preferably in international technology or media space
- You have a track record of making consumer research come to life in the minds, hearts, and actions of the organization
- Strong project management skills with the ability to mobilize and lead teams quickly and effectively. You are able to develop and move projects forward with a high degree of independence and autonomy
- You have the ability to influence and network with relevant contacts. You are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written), good social and presentation skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
Please send in your resume in English. You will be based in Stockholm or New York with frequent travel.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.