Spotify is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team in London. The Associate Director’s primary focus will be to lead the evaluation, structuring, and negotiation of podcast content licensing deals for EMEA, with the potential to participate in deal conversations in other markets. The Associate Director will work closely with creative, marketing, and advertising executives to manage a slate of podcast deals, and will help with ongoing strategy development, communication with key stakeholders, and the operationalization of new deals. The ideal candidate will have deep, proven expertise in the mechanics of dealmaking for the entertainment and/or digital content industries, as well as the communication skills necessary to provide external and internal dealmaking leadership. This role will report to the Head of Podcast Content Licensing, and will manage junior negotiators staffed in support of the EMEA market.
What you’ll do
- You will structure and negotiate content development, production, and acquisition deals with talent and studios, with a focus on original and exclusive podcast licensing.
- You will support licensing negotiations for global deals by analyzing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around deal renewals
- You will collaborate with key members of the Spotify Studio team on content strategy, product and other experiences designed to evolve and grow Spotify’s podcast content offerings.
- You will work closely with internal teams including Finance, Insights, Legal, and Growth to help advise on deal structures & performance.
- You will collaborate with internal teams including, product, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
Who you are
- You have received your business or law degree (MBA or JD equivalent) and have a minimum of five (5) years of legal, business affairs or content licensing experience.
- You have experience in multinational media and/or technology organizations, and are comfortable working in high-growth environments.
- You have deep technical expertise with legal and business issues relating to the development, production, and distribution of content (television experience is a plus).
- You have experience as a strong & effective communicator and negotiator.
- You are a highly self-motivated individual, comfortable in dynamic environments and rapidly evolving business models.
- You are skilled at crafting and implementing and organizing deal pipeline processes.
- You have demonstrated good negotiation and interpersonal skills, and have worked well in business environments with multiple stakeholders.
- You understand financial models and are able to craft and deliver presentations in Powerpoint and Keynote
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You are highly adaptable and are willing to adapt your role as the business grows and needs change
- You are willing to travel as needed
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.