Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. The flow of capital between these stakeholders is a key characteristic of a well functioning marketplace and, accordingly, the Payments team within Spotify has recently been redefined and enhanced. The team is responsible for the management of the growth, stability and future direction of Spotify’s approach to payments globally.
We are now seeking exceptional leaders in the payments space to fill a number of new key roles in this team. This role as well as the Director, Payments Strategy and the Associate Director, Commercial Development and Management will report directly to the Vice President heading the global payments function.
What you’ll do:
- You will remove friction from the payments’ experience, optimizing today’s offering to maximize growth and retention, prioritizing initiatives as appropriate
- You will work with multiple teams to ensure the flawless execution of the payments aspect of new market launches and the introduction of new payment methods
- You will work with a colleague to ensure stability and uptime
- You will analyze and drive optimizations around payment transactions across all our markets
- You will ensure that operational aspects of the payments process are maximized for effectiveness and efficiency
Who you are:
- You have significant professional experience in the online payments and e-commerce space, with a deep knowledge of international payments, ideally at a global level
- You have deep experience in optimizing payments performance in the online environment, bringing ideas and initiatives for how to apply this specifically for a subscription business
- You are skilled at leading and executing complex projects spanning multiple stakeholders and know how to get things done in a larger organization where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done
- You can navigate both the business and product domain and understand the intricacies and complexities in bringing product solutions to the market
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- You are highly pre-emptive, proactive, and always take the initiative
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have significant exposure to a business undergoing hyper-growth and a proven track record of being able to contribute to all relevant aspects of this growth
- You are a strong team leader, with the ability to inspire, manage and grow a top performing team
The role is based in our Stockholm office with frequent travel to our office in London and other company locations. You will report to the Vice President, Payments.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.