We are looking for an Associate Director, Partnerships focused on deals for the Marketplace team in NYC.
The Marketplace team is a cross-functional group dedicated to helping artists, labels and publishers grow, engage, monetize and understand their fans. This role will look after the strategic partnerships that Spotify strikes with music-focused technology companies with an emphasis on product, data and engineering capabilities and value exchange that enrich Spotify’s overall offering to artists. You will report into the VP of Product and Strategy.
- Source strategic partners globally, and actively drive / co-lead / support in deal negotiations
- Coordinate with other relevant departments across the wider business, specifically Content, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations
- Build deep relationships internally and well as externally in partner organizations across all functions
- Provide detailed analysis of all potential partners and identify which are top prospects based on Spotify’s goals and needs
- Work closely with the Marketplace team and key partners to manage deal process post execution to understand all deliverables and resources required.
- Be the key contact for all partner needs, defining and executing on the long-term partner relationship
- Ensure that Spotify’s dedications in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on the partner’s commitments
- Identify new opportunities to grow the partnerships and unlock additional value for both Spotify and our Partners
- 10+ years of working experience in a business development / partner facing capacity
- Significant and documented working experience within the technology/music/media industry
- A history of strong partnerships and deal negotiation skills with deep experience in licensing and contracts.
- You have a tried ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to navigate large organizations and build meaningful contacts with decision makers
- Proven legal, organizational and data analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of brand building
- You understand that collaboration and team play is key to success.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music