This exceptional individual will be responsible for licensing a mixture of recordings and songs from the international community of independent labels and publishers around the world. Reporting into the Head of International Licensing, this role will help Spotify to launch around the world, and to develop and manage our key relationships with rights owners in developing markets.
What you’ll do
- You will pro-actively drive and conclude label and publishing licensing deals with above- mentioned rights holders, including rights, rates and other discussion points.
- You will work closely with the legal licensing team during the negotiations; both term sheet and long form.
- You will partner with other Content departments (Label Relations, Artist Services, Content Insights, Content Ops etc.) to make sure the label deals resonate with the vision/mission of the company.
- After signatures have been exchanged, you will work closely with Label Relations/Reporting team to hand over responsibility for day-to-day handling of the rights holders.
Who you are
- You have received your BA Degree.
- You have at least ten (10) year’s experience in licensing within the music industry, ideally in international markets.
- You have extensive experience working within a digital service
- You have a good working knowledge of the International Music Market, with working knowledge and strong knowledge of the culture, genres, domestic labels & publishers, and music executives. In particular, you will have strong relationships with the international publishing community.
- You have the proven ability to work against tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have the ability to adapt to suit international cultures to influence professionally and effectively.
- You are a team player who will support the various sub-departments when needed (pro-actively and reactively), and can also be a voice in the organization for viewpoints relating to the label licensing process.
- You have excellent negotiation skills.
- You possess analytical and pragmatic math skills with the ability to quickly understand forecasts, royalty equations and how this resonates with the long-term vision and business plan.
- You are able to build, keep and maintain good relations internally and externally in the industry and have a talent for connecting with people.
- You can easily adapt – the industry is changing fast – you must get up to speed on new markets quickly.
- You will be willing to travel, to support our International growth.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.