We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team in New York, NY to assist our Senior Director, Global Licensing with the management of our strategic licensor relationships around the world. The Associate Director, Global Licensing’s primary focus will be the negotiation of major recording deals around the world. The Associate Director, Global Licensing will also help with ongoing strategy and product development (from a licensing perspective). This is a global role and works across multiple time zones.
What you’ll do
- Be the primary point of contact at Spotify for one of our global, major label partners.
- Work with our finance, legal and product teams to negotiate deals and execute contracts with label partners around the world.
- Work with our R&D, product, and finance teams to develop Spotify’s B2B value proposition for record labels.
Who you are
- You will have at least 5 years of experience managing relationships with digital services or music rights holders (labels, publishers, collecting societies) in North America, South
- America, Asia and Europe as part of a record label or digital service.
- You will have at least 5 years of experience negotiating digital service licenses in North
- America, South America, Asia and Europe as part of a record label or digital service.
- You will have extensive contacts at record labels in the United States and internationally and understand the digital sales, marketing and operations needs of these companies.
- You have excellent financial modeling (i.e. Excel, Google Sheets) skills.
- You are comfortable making presentations to senior management at record labels and have excellent presentation (Powerpoint, Keynote) creation skills.
- You are willing to travel frequently in the United States and internationally.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a huge music fan and a daily Spotify user.
- We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.