We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We seek an outstanding Associate Data Scientist to join our Markets Research team in Singapore.
This individual will be responsible for partnering with local business operations teams to drive strategic decision-making across the globe. You will study user behaviour, market dynamics, and content strategies, providing data and insights that will influence strategic direction. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
In addition to possessing strong technical background of his/her own, the ideal candidate will be a natural communicator who is able to explain complex statistical frameworks to non-technical stakeholders all over the world. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many departments, as well as senior management, at Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Produce day-to-day analytics and insights support for Spotify’s Markets Operations team.
- Develop a robust body of knowledge around each of Spotify’s key markets to proactively address business questions and drive strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are responsible for driving results in local markets.
- Support Markets leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
Who You Are
- Strong SQL experience required, along with some programming (ideally Python/R) and dashboarding experience (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc)
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably at at least one company with a matrix organisational structure.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced work environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.