At Spotify our mission is to provide the world’s best platform for artists, creators, and fans. The Content team at Spotify is responsible for driving many business critical and innovative strategic initiatives, including developing commercial relationships with artists and labels, partnering with podcast and video creators, and understanding how users discover and consume music, podcasts, and video.
As an Associate Data Scientist for our Content team, you’ll get the opportunity to explore listening behaviors across millions of music fans, and help translate those data patterns into insights that will inform the decision making and strategic planning throughout the company.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive content decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Utilize data to form insights that guide our burgeoning content strategies, and help decision makers to understand the landscape we work in
- Provide guidance to help Spotify grow in markets around the world, by providing insights in the fields of editorial recommendation, content marketing and music industry relations
- Scale local insights into worldwide best practices. Create self-serve data tools to tackle local questions at scale. Present learnings to fellow analysts and upper management<span
Who you are:
- You have a degree in science, economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science or similar quantitative discipline
- You have 1-2 years experience in a media, entertainment, tech, or consulting role performing data analysis.
- You are curious about creative industries and the media space.
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with various stakeholders. You thrive in a diverse and international environment.
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and business models, and experience extracting insights from large datasets to drive key business strategies
- You have the technical competence to perform data extraction and analysis:
- Experience with SQL is a must.
- Data Visualisation experience preferred (e.g., Tableau, Qliksense)
- Coding skills preferred (such as Python, Java, or Scala), R is also preferred.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.