As Associate Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs, you will be responsible for securing rights clearances on a worldwide basis. Your work will be focused on negotiating both the clearance of all rights in respect of music content used for all audio and video content, including original content, exploited across the business, and the clearance of all other rights required in connection with the production of original content (e.g., appearance, location, materials, etc.). Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Draft synchronization agreements and related clearance agreements with rights-holders.
- Build relationships with key contacts internally and with record labels and music publishers worldwide.
- Work closely with, and support and advise our business teams, including Original Content and Artist Marketing, on global licensing, production releases and other similar matters.
- Provide teams with music supervision support based on briefs that are provided by teams and partners, including locating, choosing, securing and overseeing music used in Spotify created original content.
Who you are
- Law Degree (or equivalent) from top-tier law school.
- Member of the California Bar or eligible to practice in California pursuant to California’s in-house counsel registration requirements.
- A minimum of three years experience in an in-house rights clearance or production counsel role.
- Track record of extraordinary success
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment.
- Creative problem solver
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently identify work to be done without instructions
- Team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Great analytical and written/oral communication skills.
- Position to be based in Los Angeles.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.