The Artist Marketing team is the creative hub of the Artist & Label Services department responsible for generating attention-grabbing marketing ideas that appeal to target audiences and drive engagement. Artist Marketing supports, and works closely and collaboratively with,
the Artist Label Marketing and Urban teams to promote key artist releases, content and Spotify music events. The Artist Marketing team is also the interface for the Artist & Label Services department to the Consumer Marketing department.
The Artist Marketing Lead will report directly to the Head of Artist & Label Services and manage one team member.
We are looking for an energetic and creative marketing lead who can spearhead impactful and original Artist Marketing campaigns. You will be knowledgeable on the latest technologies and entertainment marketing strategies, and have a strong understanding of the current competitive landscape and how to stand out from the crowd. A deep understanding of what drives popular culture and entertainment is vital to give your campaigns an edge over the competition. You will have impeccable creative taste, and an instinct for how to tell captivating stories that people will remember and talk about.
You will be at ease working and creating independently, as well as comfortable working as part of a larger team to develop conceptual campaigns designed to stand apart from competitors. You will be adept at creating entire marketing strategies from scratch, yet able to roll up your sleeves to get hands-on with day-to-day operational work as required. You will be capable of seeing and grasping opportunities as they arise, and communicating and championing them across internal cross-functional teams as well as to external partners. You will continuously provide and receive constructive, actionable feedback to and from colleagues in order to continually improve and iterate on processes and results.
What you’ll do
- Conceive of and lead impactful Artist Marketing campaigns that drive fandom, word-of-mouth, user engagement and Spotify brand awareness and love.
- Articulate to internal groups (management, stakeholders and team members) the rationale behind each concept.
- Oversee the creative process from inception up to and including end review
- Work with the Artist Label Marketing & Urban teams to identify opportunities and create powerful, memorable campaigns that support their objectives.
- Write detailed creative briefs clearly outlining campaign concepts and objectives for internal cross functional teams (Consumer Marketing, Social Media, Brand Partnerships and more) and external agencies.
- Create and support the development of local marketing programs which align with global campaigns and business objectives.
- Manage multiple complex projects across multiple timelines, keep projects on track, and comprehensively report on progress and results at every stage to all stakeholders.
- Use data to inform decision making process and to optimise campaigns during all phases. Provide in-depth data analysis in post campaign reports to stakeholders.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in digital/consumer marketing in related industry with strong eye for creative design
- You have a deep understanding of modern music styles and wider cultural influences, and continually strive to stay abreast of current trends – your campaigns capture and embody the zeitgeist.
- You are a true fan – you understand how fandom communicates and what drives and excites them.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to create copy and presentations rapidly, and express creative ideas quickly and clearly to a range of stakeholders, particularly end-users.
- You have excellent taste and flair and are able to execute professionally and with panache and “that something extra”.
- You will be creative, collaborative, and results-driven comfortable with analysing data and understanding how to apply it.
- You will be conscious of the importance of deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver on-time and within budget.
- You have the ability to work under pressure along with proven problem solving abilities.
- You can work with a range of cross-functional teams across a large distributed global organisation,
- You are at ease in building strong relationships with partners to help deliver exceptional marketing programs.
- You are able to inspire others around you and communicate your vision to empower your co-workers.
- You are self-aware and able and willing to examine your own work critically in order to continually iterate and improve.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.