We are looking for a Lead for the Artist & Label Marketing team to join our team in Mexico.
The role is about ensuring that key artists, managers and labels see Spotify as the #1 partner for artist development and monetization. Focusing on the Mexican music landscape, you will work closely with the team to execute on local strategic initiatives as well as your international counterparts on multi-territory campaigns.
You will also use this relationship to further Spotify’s marketing and distribution initiatives to the mutual benefit of Spotify and its industry partners. You are knowledgeable about the latest technologies and music marketing strategies and have a clear understanding of what drives music culture in Mexico.
You have a strong background in managing a team and will continuously provide and receive constructive, actionable feedback in order to continually improve and strengthen our presence in the music industry.
The Artist & Label Marketing Lead will report directly to the Head of Artist & Label Marketing LATAM and manage two team members.
What you’ll do
- Lead the Artist & Label Marketing Mexican strategy to fulfill company strategic goals and cross-functional projects.
- Work with external stakeholders (labels, managers and artists) to identify opportunities and create initiatives aligned with the Mexican music culture.
- Articulate to internal groups (marketing, public relations, editorial, sales and team members) the key releases opportunities in order to build compelling campaigns that support partners and Spotify’s objectives.
- Support and educate our key partners across the artist and label community on Spotify tools and resources to inspire them and maximize their daily business.
- Create, build and maintain relationships across the artist and label community
- Manage multiple complex projects across multiple timelines, keep projects on track and comprehensively report on progress and results at every stage to stakeholders.
- Enable artist and artist-fan engagement with Spotify
- Advocate for Spotify’s interests and initiatives externally within the creator community
- Ensure Spotify has the best possible content offering in your territory and use this to further Spotify’s appeal to existing and new users
- Attend events, conferences, and shows.
- Travel required
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in a managerial role
- You are self-aware and able and willing to examine your work and your team’s work critically in order to continuously improve
- You have a deep understanding of the music industry in Mexico and have built relevant contacts with labels and artists
- You have experience in working in an established digital music service, artist agency, record label or at a media company
- You have a strong music marketing and technology background – You are familiar with the process and are familiar with implementing marketing campaigns
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines
- You are well articulated and can work with a range of cross-functional teams
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You’re a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude to inspire others around you
- Finally, you are a true fan of music!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.