We are looking for a Artist & Fan Development intern to #JoinTheBand this summer. The Artist & Fan Development team ideates and builds data-driven products and programs that enable the development of artists, their fan bases, and the connection between the two. As our intern on the A&FD team in New York, you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to areas of artist career development, including work on our Fans First program.
What you’ll do:
- Basic data analysis as well as campaign drafting for Fans First (presale emails, event invites, etc.)
- Support other the day-to-day functions of the team, such as compiling post campaign performance data.
- Dive into Spotify’s listener data to identify and target top streamers for Fans First rewards, such as Fans First Presales, Merchandise, and Experiences.
- Assist our team with the execution of new, forward-thinking ways to contact an artist’s Spotify fan base to help grow and engage that audience
Who you are:
- You are an undergraduate student, currently in your Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of study
- You have an analytical mind, but you’re not afraid to be creative
- You’re a music lover who is passionate about helping artists
- You’re a go-getter, willing to try new things in different areas, with excellent communication skills
- You have basic knowledge of SQL and BigQuery but this is not required
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Late January, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- Late March, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.