Soundtrap is a collaborative, cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017 we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to make music making available for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
With us, anyone with an interest in audio making can create their sound recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced Art Director with proven track record from a creative agency, creating world class communicative ideas and bringing them to life via design.
You would be responsible for leading creativeness from concept to delivery and to help build our in-house creative agency.
This includes overseeing and contributing to concept strategy and development, design and implementation of integrated concepts that amplify the communicative strategy.
This role offers incredible growth potential including the possibility of working in global project work.
You thrive in the context of working with music and artists in combination with building the global brand for Soundtrap.
You are humble, yet confident as person and know how to combine getting things done and have fun at the same time and loves a good team. Your work will impact the way the world creates music.
And you will leave your mark on it.
Your main tasks will be:
- Oversee and manage concept and communicative strategy with the team
- Deliver world class communication in accordance with our marketing strategy
- Develop engaging ideas as a member of the creative brand team
- Own the visualization of concepts from sketches to layout
- Establish an internal creative agency for our Creator and EDU business
- Work across multiple departments to deliver successful international campaigns
- Motivate and inspire the creative team toward flawless delivery
- Assess and re-evaluate the creative needs of the business
- Coordinate with different creative teams at Spotify
- Coordinate with the Communications team and business leads to create successful campaigns
- Identify and build new capabilities within the team to remain competitive
- Coordinate regular team meetings to share best practices
You will need to travel sporadically – but not regularly – to Spotify offices around the world
Who you are
You need to have a relevant design education and a deep interest and passion for design and communication. It is a advantage if you know a little something about creating or playing music.
You should be a humble yet confident person that know how to get stuff done and you think it sounds awesome to work with music and artists in combination with building the global brand for Soundtrap.
You put great importance to the team collaboration and you do what you can to contribute to the team success.
Further, we believe you have:
- 10+ years of experience in n creative agency – preferably as a partner
- Experience of working in internal working groups together with external partners
- A thorough understanding of what makes for compelling design-work
- Steadiness in the face of a hectic, time-sensitive work environment
- Experience in balancing the constraints of project timeline and budget against creative process
- The ability to both project manage and coordinate but also to hold engaging presentations
- Good knowledge of online and offline media
- A good understanding of the digital ecosystem
- Solid understanding of the business side of creative organizations
- An established network within the creative community
- Fluency in Swedish and English
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.