The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded Android engineers to join our Platform Infrastructure team and help build an application that millions of people use every day to discover and listen to music.
What you’ll do
- Work with and improve the local development environment for our feature engineers
- Develop tooling for measuring development productivity and speed
- Developing impactful solutions to improve the speed of development for feature engineers
- Develop tooling for general developer productivity
- Innovate at a high pace to support development at scale
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers within Spotify and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs
- Work from our awesome office in New York – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live here
Who you are
- You have several years of working experience as a Software Engineer with either Java or C++ and are willing to learn and work with both. If you have experience in other languages and platforms such as Python, iOS, Objective-C, low level programming or productivity tools, that would be a bonus.
- You have working experience as an Android engineer. This can be offset by a strong general development background.
- You have experience with XP, strong testing practices or CI/CD.
- You are a solutions-oriented team player; you are flexible and ready to do what‘s best for your customers (in this case, the customers are other teams at Spotify).
- You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
- You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive.
- You have a strong quality mindset and care for the overall performance of the product.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.