We are looking for Android engineers to join our Core Experience Tribe in Gothenburg. Our teams drive the user experience of most of Spotify’s Android and iOS mobile app features. We work on both music and talk audio, defining the state of the art for a mobile audio streaming experience. The tribe works across product, design, engineering, data science and user research in cross-functional teams. As we are one of the largest tribes at Spotify, the tribe has been organized into three product areas that are responsible for different parts of the experience.
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience level.
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- You will contribute to craft the direction of Android development at Spotify
- You will monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- You will deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- You will share knowledge, evangelize standard methodologies and collaborate with some of the best engineers in the company
- You will ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
- You will have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack week
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java.
- You are experienced with Android development tools.
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and like cooperating with your and other teams
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
- You are familiar with open source
You will work from our awesome office in Gothenburg – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.