About AnchorWe’re democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. Anchor is:• The biggest podcasting platform in the world. We now power more podcasts than any other platform.• Powering more than 40% of all new podcasts created in the world• Growing both podcasters and listeners to record numbers week over week• Giving ANY podcaster the opportunity to monetize their content• Loved and adored: see what our users sayWe’re an independent division within Spotify, with the power to move fast, plus the resources of the world’s most forward-thinking audio company.Come help us build the future of podcasting!
If you want to jumpstart the process of talking to us about this role, here’s a little challenge: write a program that outputs the largest unique set of characters that can be removed from this paragraph without letting its length drop below 50.For example: [‘H’, ‘i’, ‘!’, ‘ ’]Our Core ValuesMove Fast: We learn by doing (that is, we’re not afraid to test our hypotheses on production), and we build things that don’t scale. We’re energized, not daunted, by the massive challenge of changing the world of podcasting. Goonies never say die!Build the Future: We don’t worry about how podcasting (or even our own product) has worked in the past. We think outside the box, take huge risks, and live by the motto “Anything is possible.”Creators First: We build tools that make creating audio easier, better or both. Every single feature in Anchor is something everyone can use. (And of course, the easiest way to know what helps podcasters is for us to regularly podcast ourselves.)There’s No “i” in Anchor: There are no egos here. We ask for help when we need it; help others when they need it, and we’re all hyper-focused on the mission at hand.
- Prototyping and building new application features of all kinds, from creation tools to listening and sharing functionality
- Writing bug-free code that runs quickly and is performant in all conditions
- Researching requirements of projects and ideas
- Implementing features based on both wireframes and completed designs
- Building logic that can interact with third-party APIs and SDKs seamlessly
- Seeing large, often complex projects through from conception to launch
- Keeping code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests
Sound Like You?
- A sense of humor
- Experience building Android apps
- Have one or more Android apps in Google Play that you have worked on
- Ideally some experience working with Kotlin, Retrofit 2, Realm, RxJava
- Strong understanding of both Java and standard Android APIs
- Experience writing Android layouts and styles in XML
- Familiarity with application profiling tools and ability to explain bottlenecks and issues found
- Ability to architect and develop clean, reusable code
- Excitement about challenging computer science problems, and a love for clean code
- Strong foundation in object oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns
- Familiarity with git
- Ability to try things and iterate very quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
If you’d like to recommend a friend for this position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgWe are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.