We are looking for Android Engineering Interns to #JoinThe Band this Summer and help build an application that millions of people use every day to discover and listen to music. You will help implement new features, improve performance, and build beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
- Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Spotify
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You have an understanding of modern Android development
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java
- You have dabbled in Android development tools
- You have built at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – March, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.