We seek an exceptional leader to drive our data-first strategy within the Ads Analytics team at Spotify.
Analysts at Spotify turn terabytes of data into insights to influence strategic direction and drive client outcomes. This individual will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders across the global ads business providing insights on topics ranging from user behavior to monetization research. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
The ideal person for this role is inquisitive, authentic, optimistic, and transparent. They’re passionate about growing and developing the team, and excited to promote an insights-driven data culture. Finally, they are a leader and can motivate and mobilize the team, as well as influence other stakeholders to follow their lead and implement new initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of data scientists (in NY and LON) that produces actionable insights from large sets of data
- Develop tools and scalable solutions, perform bespoke research, and forecast key metrics to inform stakeholder decisions and drive strategy
- Work closely with various teams and senior leaders across advertising and the wider business, using data to impact their decisions
Who You Are:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of data science or strategy roles, ideally in a media business or working with advertising analytics teams
- Solid conceptual understanding of methods in analytics and data science, and understanding of common roadblocks and technical challenges
- Coding skills (such as Python/R, Java, or Scala) and strong SQL skills
- Analytics tools experience (such as Sense or Tableau)
- Familiarity with big data processing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark is a plus
- You have a proven track record of turning very loosely defined problems into data-driven solutions
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, and getting buy-in for data opportunities within a large, rapidly growing organization