We seek an exceptional leader to drive our data-first strategy for the Forecasting team at Spotify.
Data scientists at Spotify turn terabytes of data into insights to influence strategic direction and drive client outcomes. This forecasting team is responsible for development of cutting-edge models to predict Spotify’s future user growth and content consumption, researching and building customer LTV models, and working to advance the team’s overall ML capabilities. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
The ideal person for this role is inquisitive, authentic, optimistic, and transparent. They’re passionate about growing and developing the team, excited to promote an insights-driven data culture, and are an effective collaborator. Finally, they are a leader and can motivate and mobilize the team, as well as influence other stakeholders to follow their lead and implement new initiatives.
Who you are
- Lead a team of data scientists (in NY and Berlin) that is responsible for producing the quarterly user growth and content consumption forecasts, as well as customer LTV models
- The team is responsible for all aspects of the process, from research to ML ops to sharing output and analysis with stakeholders
- Develop tools and solutions that facilitate data-driven decision making
- Work closely with various teams and senior leaders across the company to help enhance the accuracy of our models, and evangelize use of their output
What you will do
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of data science or strategy roles
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of data scientists
- Solid conceptual understanding of methods in analytics and data science
- Experience taking ML models from prototype to production
- Coding skills (such as Python/R, Java, or Scala) and strong SQL skills
- BI / Analytics tools experience (such as Sense or Tableau)
- You have a proven track record of turning very loosely defined problems into data-driven solutions
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, and getting buy-in for data opportunities within a large, rapidly growing organization