Spotify is seeking an Analytics Manager to join our growing accounting team. Our new team member will be a self-starter with data acumen and project management expertise, partnering cross functionally with our internal stakeholders across our business and engineering teams. Our Manager will play a vital role in the enhancement and scaling of our processes and systems that support the growth and success of the function and Spotify as a whole.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team of data analysts, engineers and accountants to define the requirements of the business to maintain and enhance systems and processes to support accurate financial reporting
- Be responsible for coordinating between the business and engineering teams to deliver accounting related projects by ensuring business requirements are clear, acceptance criteria are agreed, and project status is tracked and communicated
- Support ad-hoc data analysis and reporting to quickly prototype proposed solutions and/or perform validation of financial calculations as part of UAT
- Work in an environment with a group of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Spotify’s success
Who You Are
- You have experience in both project management and data analysis, with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical teams to understand and define problems, and articulate proposed solutions
- You have experience working with accounting and financial systems and data
- You have a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or another quantitative discipline and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and brings a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- The ideal candidate has previous experience working with recording or publishing rights, but not mandatory
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.