The Spotify Customer Service team will focus on opportunities to analyze and improve customer experience by reviewing Customer Service processes, align them with customer needs and expectations, and collaborating cross-functionally with our insights and recommendations.
We are the Customer Service team at Spotify, and we advocate relentlessly for our users. Our mission is to quickly resolve any issues they are having so that they can get back to enjoying the music and podcasts they love. We are looking for an expert in building analytical data layers to join our band and help ensure that all customers receive a world-class support experience.
We need your skills in staging and optimizing data sets and pipelines. As part of our team you will work with other data engineers, data scientists and operations analysts to create a data suite that enables rapid delivery and consumption of insights. Your work will directly impact our ability to monitor and analyze key performance metrics, and you will have an opportunity to influence our data design decisions as we scale.
This is a highly impactful role where you will directly contribute to how millions of Spotify users are supported around the world.
What you’ll do
- Build scalable and robust solutions to surface necessary data and performance metrics.
- Work with data scientists to design the right datasets and build business logic into ETL processes.
- Work with data analysts and dashboard designers to find the right balance of raw data vs. aggregation in consumer-facing datasets.
- Work with operations analysts to understand how business processes manifest in raw data.
- Research the data export capabilities of our various platforms, and make recommendations on how to improve existing architecture.
- Work from our New York office and be willing to travel internationally.
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a similar business intelligence, data engineering, data analysis or data visualization role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have the technical expertise required for the role: Significant experience in designing analytical data layers and in conducting ETL with very large and complex data sets; High level of ability in SQL and Python; Experience in schema design and dimensional modeling; Experience in database management and optimization; Experience with GCP or similar cloud-based infrastructures; Experience with Scala is a plus
- You are able to define and discuss conceptual or logical data models with non-technical stakeholders, and can translate those to physical models in production.
- You have a strong business sense and can articulate data-driven solutions to various problems.
- Familiarity with best practices in data visualization and tools is a plus.
- You are a self-driven person who is capable of tackling loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, and can explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.