Spotify is looking for an experienced data or analytics engineer to join our Financial Engineering organization. Our mission is to build the technical platform that underpins our key company decisions, revenue and royalty calculations, financial performance management and our ability to scale out to new markets and products. You will join a team responsible for providing a cloud based data foundation for our business partners and analytics teams in the ads supported business domain. Our data products support a wide range of use cases and user skill sets, this will require you to work closely with our business partners to translate business processes into dataset, cleaning and modeling data to empower our users to data-driven decision making.
What you’ll do
- Get hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and technology/languages such as BigQuery, BigQuery Runner, Scala, Scio.
- Continue to maintain and evolve our data warehouse solutions.
- Extend or improve custom solutions built in Python and Scala.
- Work with team based deliveries in an agile environment.
- Analyze large amounts of data in order to provide our business intelligence users with accurate, insightful and actionable information.
- Work closely with product and end users to understand, capture, document, and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
- Work in an agile environment, with coordination between New York and Stockholm teams.
- Work closely with the product manager, end-users and stakeholders to understand, document, troubleshoot and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
- Innovate our data products to create a single coherent platform with sources of truth that serve a plethora of product and data stakeholders.
- Gain technical expertise in building a data platform at scale to solve business, product, and technical use cases.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, engineering, data science and product partners.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience in the development of high-quality database and data solutions.
- You have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in a relevant field of studies.
- Well versed with SQL as a language, relational databases and data warehousing.
- Experience with Google Cloud dataflow, Scala and Scio/Apache beam is a merit.
- You have demonstrable critical thinking ability in order to analyze large data sets, and troubleshoot customer inquiries and data discrepancies.
- You have experience working with source control (GIT preferred) and agile development.
- Coding skills for analytics engineering and data engineering (Scala, Java or Python).
- Experience with BigQuery or other column oriented data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift or Azure SQL DW).
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau or Looker is a merit.
- You are a self-motivated individual contributor and great teammate with the ability to multitask, prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.