We are looking for an expert in business intelligence, data visualization and analytics to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across the ad-supported business in Spotify.
In Product Insights, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how people use our apps to impact the product, strategy and direction of Spotify. In order to help us achieve this we are looking for someone who can build out an efficient analytics data suite and also deliver impactful dashboards and visualizations to track performance and enable self-service insight delivery.
You will work with data engineers, data scientists, user researchers and product managers in the Free Revenue mission to ensure that the right information is available and accessible to study user behavior, to build and track key metrics, to understand product performance and to fuel the analysis of experiments.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music on our free, ad-supported tier.
What you’ll do:
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics:
- Proactively engage product manager to support our most important projects and initiatives with the data needed to inform the decision-making process.
- Working with data scientists, you will design datasets and metrics to measure and optimize products.
- Working with data engineering, you will build and own the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible.
- Design, build, maintain and iterate a suite of visual dashboards to track key metrics and enable self-service data discovery
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data scientists to build efficient data pipelines and impactful visualizations
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Partner with lead user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are:
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a similar business intelligence, data analysis or data visualization role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have the technical expertise required for the role:
- Significant experience in designing analytical data layers and in conducting ETL with very large and complex data sets
- Very high level of expertise with Tableau desktop software
- High level of ability in SQL
- Experience with Scala or Python is a plus
- You are an expert in data visualization
- You have a strong business sense and you are able to translate business problems to data driven solutions
- You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms