We are looking for an excellent Analyst to join Spotify Free FP&A team! Its own separate business unit, Spotify Free is the arm of Spotify Music that provides music to its customers at no cost to the user. As an ad supported business, it is the one business unit that has a focus on the monetization of ad inventory. As an OPEX Analyst, this role will partner with the Manager of Headcount and OPEX to manage all operational expenses associated with the growth of the business.
Supporting the various teams that make the Spotify Free product a reality and reporting to the Manager of Headcount and Opex, the Analyst will be tasked with monitoring and reporting against established budgets and identifying tools for client teams to have greater visibility and ultimately ownership into their given budgets. As a public company that forecasts quarterly, the Analyst will play a part in the creation, revision, and submission of quarterly forecasts pertaining to both OPEX and Headcount. The Free Business Unit FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Finally, as a company that is young and growing rapidly, processes need to be created and re-created. The Analyst will help in creating effective processes that support the efficient management all things Opex and Headcount related.
What you will do
- Approve / Reject PO’s tied to budgeted Opex spend
- Produce Actuals vs Budget analysis
- Answer questions on all things FP&A, from key stakeholders including R&D, Partner Solutions, Sales Teams
- Participate in monthly close process – accurately reflecting monthly project spend
- Aid in the creation and monitoring of headcount specific measurements.
Who you are
- 4 years experience
- Willing to wear multiple hats (even those that do not fit perfectly)
- Have the presence to present to management
- Comfortable with unexpected change
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle many competing requests
- Structured thinker, with experience framing and solving problems
- Basic grasp of FP&A
- Knowledge of Excel and experience with modeling and analytics
- Experience in data visualization and building scalable reporting tools
- Experience sharing data visually via Tableau and other mediums
- Passion for audio
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.