We are looking for an excellent Analyst, FP&A to join our Global Markets Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. Who will report into the Manager FP&A and will provide the Markets Business Unit the support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities and achieve business objectives, through the administration and governance of global financial projections and annual budgeting.
Support ongoing development of the Market’s Team forecasts, building and developing a strong environment of collaboration with sales, product, and finance teams and providing insights to the Group. Our business is rapidly growing and changing. You are expected to design and execute processes, reporting, and capabilities to help support this growth.
The Markets Business Unit FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly – as well as the global forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you will do
- Support the monthly, quarterly and yearly budgeting process for Expenses, Headcount, and Cost of Revenue across Global Markets
- Develop a deep understanding of Operating Expenses and Cost of Revenue to provide informative guidance to cost center owners and decision makers
- Support the annual OKR and Investment Prioritization exercise
- Review and advise departmental budget preparation with individual managers
- Partner with HR Business Partners to maximize the efficient deployment of human resources across the Global Markets
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Develop management reporting to track Headcount and Expenses
Business Planning & Analysis
- Address ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries
- Support analysis and decision making for the Global Markets teams
- Work with the business to execute strategies to maintain adequate expenditure and investment controls for the country
- Partner with Finance teams to lead efforts on cost control and other efficiency improvement initiatives
Who you are
Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and, relevance of the financial statements and must be able to articulate the root causes and significant drivers of changes in financial performance.
- 2-5 years of finance, business operations, and/or strategy consulting and investment banking experience
- Personable, approachable as we interface with various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle many competing requests
- Knowledge in Excel and experience with modeling and analytics
- Experience in data visualization and building scalable reporting tools
- Structured thinking, with experience framing and solving problems
- Interpersonal experience with PowerPoint presentation
- Experience establishing relationships across all levels of an organization and presenting to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- System savvy, experience working with forecasting and reporting systems.
- Comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems to derive insightful analysis and build financial models
We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify is a positive, fun, high-energy work environment that you’ve always wanted to be part of!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.