We are looking for an Accountant to support our general ledger accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of month end close experience at a global, publicly traded organization and/or big four experience. The position is based in NYC.
What you’ll do
- Execution of monthly and quarterly close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare journals, accounts reconciliation and flux analysis
- Help lead the implementation of best practices on general ledger team to simplify, standardize and scale our business and global RTR organization
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine RTR accounting processes and procedures
- Work cross functionally with technical accounting, Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA preferred
- Experience with accruals and operating expenses preferred
- Minimum of 2 years related month close or GL experience with global, publicly traded company or Big Four experience preferred
- Experience with major ERP system preferred (Oracle, SAP, NetSuite)
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Experience with accounting in foreign currencies a plus
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.