We are looking for an Artist & Label Marketing Associate Manager for the Japanese Market. The role is about ensuring that key artists, managers, and labels see Spotify as the #1 partner for artist development and monetization. Focusing on the Japanese music landscape, you will work closely with the team to execute on local strategic initiatives as well as your international counterparts on global campaigns.
You will also use this relationship to further Spotify’s marketing and distribution initiatives to the mutual benefit of Spotify and its industry partners. Most importantly, you have fun at work and you have a desire to be creative and make a positive impact on the music industry as a whole.
What you’ll do
- Support and educate our key partners across artists and labels community on Spotify tools and resources to inspire them and maximize their daily business. You’ll also create, build and maintain these relations across the artist and label community
- Ensure priority releases in your territory are available on Spotify from day 1 (Includes independent music artists)
- Enable artist and artist-fan engagement with Spotify
- Work in partnership with the local and global editorial teams to ensure content strategies are localized and successfully implemented
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to fulfil company strategic goals and cross-functional projects
- Advocate for Spotify’s interests and initiatives externally within the creator community
- Ensure Spotify has the best possible content offering in your territory and use this to further Spotify’s appeal to existing and new users
- Develop methodologies and efficiencies to be the best in class partner to our artist and label partners
- Attend events, conferences, and shows. Some travel will be required
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience with label and artist relations in the music/entertainment industry
- You have a strong understanding of Japanese/ international music culture and have an ability to build relevant contacts with labels and artists
- You are conversant with the latest digital marketing techniques
- You have excellent negotiating, presentation and people skills
- You are adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals
- You are well organized, dedicated, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- You have experience of working across multiple markets within local and global teams
- You possess at least a business level of written and spoken Japanese and English
- Finally, you’re a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.