We are looking for a coach to enable our Product Area (team of teams) to work effectively together. You will collaborate with cross-functional product development teams in a fast-moving environment. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences their Personalized content.
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
Agile Coaches at Spotify are catalysts for driving improvement in business impact, delivery performance, and team health, using a variety of techniques including change management, product development practices, and coaching and mentoring.
What you’ll do
- Be the hands-on organizational coach and leadership mentor to support product area leadership
- Actively support teams to deliver value more effectively.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering and product culture
- Coach teams and individuals facing challenges related to how they work together
- Advocate for and advance modern agile software development and organizational practices, and teach Agile, XP, and Lean concepts, principles, and practices
- Work from our office in Stockholm with travel to Boston and NYC up to 10%
Who you are
- You excel at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring leaders and organizations towards rapidly delivering high impact, high quality software in a sustainable fashion
- You are experienced working in a large cross-functional team of teams in a global scale
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software product development
- You have a deep understanding and experience with a variety of Agile approaches.
- You are flexible to adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs.
- You are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the team.
- You are not afraid to raise issues and inspire change and continuous improvement
- You are experienced working in a product-driven organisation environment
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.