We are looking for an Ad Experience Specialist to join our Yield team and help drive success for Spotify’s free product. The Yield team is responsible for developing data-driven insights and implementing strategies to improve the efficiency of our ad products in growing revenue, increasing advertiser value, and improving the user experience. As the Ad Experience Specialist, you will lead our efforts to define what a good ad user experience is and partner with teams to build the processes and tools to drive towards that vision efficiently.
Your focus in this role will be on increasing ad diversity, improving message targeting and optimizing for reach and frequency. Success will be measured by user engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
What you’ll do
- Set vision for what the Spotify ad user experience should be, establish the standards that define it, and ensure Spotify meets and exceeds them
- Develop best practices for ad creation, targeting and frequency management, with a focus on improving the utility of and experience with ads and promotions
- Lead Spotify’s effort to drive the creation of promotional content, and collaborate with key stakeholders to scale it
- Partner with product insights teams to define ad user experience KPIs and conduct research into the signals that impact them
- Design and build dashboards to track KPIs and provide insights into the factors that contribute to them
- Oversee process for on-going management and optimization of promotional campaigns, collaborating with ad product and operations teams to build tools to streamline it
What you bring
- Passion for the ad user experience and the opportunity to help define it at Spotify
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively to solve operational challenges in digital media or ad technology organizations
- Love of data analysis and developing actionable insights to impact a business
- Experience with and understanding of online advertising technology, especially with regard to ad buying or selling platforms
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including presenting technical or operational concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL. Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools a plus.