Spotify is looking for a talented Accounting Intern to #JoinTheBand. You will have the opportunity be a part of the Content or Technical Accounting team based in New York, ensuring that Spotify continues to deliver on it’s commitment of ensuring that artists and songwriters can earn a living from their work. This internship will offer broad exposure to the day-to-day operations of an accounting team.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the payment reconciliation process and invoice review
- Ad-hoc analyses for the team (i.e. impact of change in royalty rates on payments etc.)
- Provide assistance with the month end close process
- Project work. Scope to be determined. Slides to be prepared / presented presented to senior team members during internship
Who you are:
- A current undergraduate junior/senior or a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in accounting or finance
- You possess a strong knowledge and acumen of accounting principles
- You have a proven Interest in the music business and music royalties
- You have advanced Excel skills, including the creation of pivot tables and advanced formulas
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Late January, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- Late March, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.